Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where I [We] Will Be in 5 to 10 Years


A few days ago I was assigned to write a few paragraphs on where I expected to be in my career in five and ten years from now. Of course, the first thing that popped into my head was: I don't care as long as I am with Daniel. We all know Daniel will still be in the film business, but its hard telling how important he will be in the next ten years. (We'll still love him even if he's not famous ;-) )

If you don't know, I am an associate manager at the Eagle Highlands movie theater just off of 465 & West 38th Street. I have officially had the job for 90 days. I enjoy the job a lot. I can handle "yelling" at kids who are too loud, calming down unsatisfied customers, picking up the slack of employees, and staying calm when we are busy and under-staffed. I could see myself being an associate for no more then two years. To handle so much responsibility I don't get paid equally. But where am I supposed to go from there?
I prefer not to be a manager of a movie theater but I also don't want a job that I sit in front of a computer all day. I have a wedding planning course that I will finish in the next year. I did pay a huge sum of money for it. It's impossible to get party/wedding planning experience in Indiana. People here barely have the money to spend on the wedding, let alone pay someone a few thousands to plan it. I think it would be fun to be in Hollywood or New York City (where ever Daniel's films take him) and planning events that Heidi & Lauren from the Hills plan. Every event would be something new and I could meet a lot of different people. I would also be able to wear styled clothes, something I don't get to do often. I think it would be the closest I could get to be in the Hollywood Glam.

Plus. I could tell you all the celebrates secrets ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment